Craft Kit DIY Make Your Own Suncatcher
Handmade to Order within 7 working days
A wonderful DIY suncatcher kit which contains everything you need to design and make your own colourful Suncatcher
£26.00 – £29.00
All orders are sent Signed For or Tracked, depending on which service you choose, with the exception of Ashes Jewellery products which are sent Special Delivery.
FREE 2nd Class Signed For Delivery is available on orders over £80, excluding Ashes products.
International customers can buy through my Etsy store.
All orders are packaged extremely well to prevent damage in the post. The packaging I use can be re-used or recycled and I encourage you to recycle or re-use the bubble wrap, foam and ribbons.
Handmade to Order: Current turnaround time from receiving your order to posting is up to 10 Working Days, delivery time is in addition to this. If you need your order sooner, there is a “Rush Order” option at checkout.
In stock – Please allow up to 3 working days for your order to be dispatched. Delivery time is in addition to this.
Craft Kit DIY Make Your Own Suncatcher
A wonderful DIY suncatcher kit which contains everything you need to design and make your own colourful Sun catcher. It contains real specialist art glass, no plastic or imitation “glass” here!
Are you a crafter who wants to try something different? This is the kit for you! Worried you don’t have enough creative flair to be able to make your own suncatcher? Fear not! You absolutely can do it. Instructions are supplied as a PDF download to guide you in making your own work of art – this will be available to download straight after purchase.
The kit includes full instructions, step by step photos and safety guidelines in a PDF, sent via email. The blank glass in the kit is pre-fired which means no sharp edges. The coloured glass can be slightly sharper .
The colours included in the kit are; Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Light Blue, Dark Blue and Purple. Use some of the colours or all of them, it’s entirely your choice! For example, you could use the supplied design ideas in the booklet or create your own design masterpiece.
The kit comes with full instructions including safety guidelines via a PDF download or you can opt to have printed instructions. Choose from: 10cm Square or Circle or 14cm long x 3cm wide prefused blanks.
How it works:
- Buy the kit
- Receive the kit
- Design and make your own suncatcher
- Take a photo of your finished design (this is really important – if anything happens in transit, I’ll be able to fix it)
- Box it back up in the packaging it came in and send it to me
- I’ll then fire your suncatcher in the kiln and drill a hole and add a hanger
- I send the completed suncatcher to you.
- Turnaround time from me receiving your Suncatcher back to me will be approximately 1 week
- There is no time limit for you to return your design to me for firing in the kiln – Perfect to store as Christmas or birthday presents!
- Please include your name and address when returning to me!
It sounds more complicated than it is! This glass suncatcher craft kit is a brilliant way to get creative and have something permanent and long lasting to add to your home. Fused glass can be situated inside or outside and doesn’t fade in the sun.
Supplied in the craft kit:
- Pre-fused blank glass – Your choice of shape
- 7 colours of frit in twist top vials
- PVA Glue
- 1 x Wooden Stick (for applying glue and moving the frit around)
- 1 x cocktail stick (to apply small dots of glue for more intricate designs)
- Full PDF instructions via download or email including a step-by-step guide and full colour & black and white design ideas or printed colour instructions – depending on which you choose.
- 2 x Postage is included in the total price – Sending the kit to you and sending the finished suncatcher to you. You’ll need to send your creation to me – I advise to send Signed For but it isn’t essential.
What it might be handy (but not essential) to have: Tweezers, Teaspoon, Hairspray, Newspaper/scrap paper, Dustpan & Brush. If you are buying this craft kit as a gift, I can send direct to your recipient, just add the address at checkout or send me a message.
You can view my other kits here.
The suncatchers in the following photos were made by someone who had never worked with glass before…aren’t they beautiful?!
Disclaimer: Due to the nature of glass craft, the frit (crushed glass) you will be using can often have sharp parts. You must be aware you could cut yourself so please be careful and follow the instructions carefully. You.ve read and will act upon all safety information given. You recognise that there are certain inherent risks associated with working with glass and assume full responsibility for personal injury to yourself and further release and discharge Rainbow Lux Glass for injury, loss or damage arising from use of the kit supplied. If you are intending for children to participate, they must be FULLY supervised at all times. No copyright/intellectual property designs will be accepted. Please note: No discounts (except My VIP Card) apply to kits. Sorry! Available in the UK only at the moment, sorry!
Buying a gift?
Send gifts directly to your recipient! Add a greetings card or message at checkout.
Every order receives a free mini magnet! Designs and colours will vary.
Free UK Delivery!
When you spend over £80! No need to add a coupon code, the discount applies automatically. (Not including ashes products)