Fantastic Make Your Own Christmas Decoration craft kits which contain everything you need. Perfect for beginners or those with experience.
The craft kits include full instructions, step by step photos and safety guidelines in a PDF, sent via email. Or you can choose the printed instructions option. The clear glass in the kit is pre-fired which means no sharp edges. The coloured glass can be slightly sharp but tweezers are supplied.
Are you a crafter who wants to try something different? This is the kit for you! Worried you don’t have enough creative flair to be able to make your own? Fear not! You absolutely can do it. Instructions are supplied as a PDF download to guide you in making your own work of art – this will be available to download straight after purchase.
All you need to do is make your decorations and then send back to me to be fired in the kiln. I’ll then drill a hole, add some ribbon and you’ll have your very own decorations to cherish and keep, made by you! No experience needed, comprehensive photo and text instructions are provided.
Childen must be fully supervised if participating in making the kits.
The colours included in each kit are as follows:
- Red, Green and White kit: Red & green frit, red green and white stringers and red & green dots.
- Blue, Clear and White Kit: Light blue, dark blue, clear iridescent & white frit, light blue, dark blue and white stringers, light blue and dark blue dots.
- Rainbow kit: Red, orange, yellow, green, light blue, dark blue, purple frit, various coloured stringers.
All star kits are supplied with fusible glitter.
Use some of the colours or all of them, it’s entirely your choice! For example, you could use the supplied design ideas in the booklet or create your own design masterpiece.
How it works:
- Buy the kit
- Receive the kit
- Design and make your own Christmas decorations
- Take a photo of your finished design (this is really important – if anything happens in transit, I’ll be able to fix it)
- Box it back up in the packaging it came in and send it to me
- I’ll then fire your designs in the kiln, drill a hole and add a hanger
- I send the completed decorations to you.
- Turnaround time from me receiving your decorations then sending back to you will be approximately 1 week
- There is no time limit for you to return your design to me for firing in the kiln – but if you’d like to display them for Christmas, you’ll need to send them back before 15th November 2022.
- Please include your name and address when returning to me!
It sounds more complicated than it is! This glass bauble craft kit is a brilliant way to get creative and have something permanent and long lasting to add to your home. Fused glass can be situated inside or outside and doesn’t fade in the sun.
Supplied in the craft kit:
- 2 or 4 x blank glass Christmas star shapes – approx 8cm across
- Various sizes and colours of frit in screw top pots
- Various coloured Stringers (thin rods of glass)
- PVA Glue
- 1 x Wooden Stick (for applying glue and moving the frit around)
- 1 x Cocktail Stick (to apply small dots of glue for more intricate designs)
- 1 x Wooden Spoon
- 1 x Tweezers
- Full PDF instructions via download and email including a step-by-step guide and full colour & black and white design ideas or printed colour instructions – depending on which you choose.
- 2 x Postage is included in the total price – Sending the kit to you and sending the finished decorations to you. You’ll need to send your creation to me to be fired in the kiln – I advise to send Signed For but it isn’t essential.
What it might be handy (but not essential) to have: Hairspray, Newspaper/scrap paper, Dustpan & Brush.
If you are buying this craft kit as a gift, I can send direct to your recipient, just add the address at checkout or send me a message.
You can view my other kits here.
Disclaimer: Due to the nature of glass craft, the frit (crushed glass) you will be using can often have sharp parts. You must be aware you could cut yourself so please be careful and follow the instructions carefully. You.ve read and will act upon all safety information given. You recognise that there are certain inherent risks associated with working with glass and assume full responsibility for personal injury to yourself and further release and discharge Vivid Lux Glass for injury, loss or damage arising from use of the kit supplied. If you are intending for children to participate, they must be FULLY supervised at all times. No copyright/intellectual property designs will be accepted.
Please note: No discounts (except My VIP Card) apply to kits. Sorry!